Thursday, June 28, 2012

Art Grabs Attention

I enjoy reading the Yahoo news. There's always one or two interesting articles to read and it helps me stay updated on all these things that go on the world for the most part. On this particular day, there seemed to be a lot of articles about how art was grabbing people's attention and causing a stir for various articles. Good art tends to get people's attention and cause some chatter. Granted, I do think there are some pieces that go overboard and it becomes more of a pure attention grabber instead of a something that causes people to discuss and talk.


These are the two articles I came across: This one is talking about "Who Deserves to Die" and has been posted over major cities like Chicago and Seattle. It's pissing people off quite a bit, but when you look at the website, you see that the whole cause is actually quite different than you original thought. And props to the designer on the posters and website. I like them (in a very designer/artistic sense).  So I'm quite interested to see who the "murder/killer" is in this entire campaign, which will supposedly be revealed tonight! 

This article is about military wives raising awareness about PTSD. My heart goes out to these women and their husbands and families as having a loved one in the military is really hard. And then, to have the person come back and suffer with PTSD must just be really hard to deal with. I could probably artistically analyze the photographs and what not, but I'll just let you look at them yourself and you can decide what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment