Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Wide Variety of Music

So I've been listening to a lot of new music this week. Most of it has been international music. I've kind of been in a "I'm tired of American music" phase. And it's been an interesting experience as I've begun asking more of my foreign and racial diverse friends what's some of their favorite music. A friend from Japan sent me a few songs. One of my co-workers introduced me to some Spanish songs. Another Asian friend began sharing some of his favorite Korean artists. Korean music has been winning out for the most part on my playlist, but I'm still on the search for other types of music and languages. So if you're reading this, comment and send a few more songs my way.

Originally, I had lots of songs for you all to listen to, but I didn't want to overload you. So here's just one that I found. My co-worker introduced to me a group called Maná. I've enjoyed their songs so far. I found this one to be relaxing, yet beautiful. My dad is a musician and the band reminds a lot of many of his good friends he plays with, so it was kind of nostalgic for me as well. Enjoy!

And here's the lyrics. They're quite beautiful.

"Bendita Tu Luz" (Blessed, Your Light) by Maná
Album: Amor es Combatir

Bendito el lugar, y el motivo de estar ahí,
Bendita la coincidencia,
Bendito el reloj que nos puso puntual ahí,
Bendita sea tu presencia.


Blessed location, and the motive for being there, 
Blessed the coincidence,
Blessed clock that set us there punctually,
Blessed be your presence.

Bendito Dios por encontrarnos en el camino,
Y de quitarme esta soledad de mi destino.

Bendita la luz, bendita la luz de tu mirada (x2)
Desde el alma.


Blessed God for meeting us on the road,
And for taking away this solitude from my destiny.
Blessed be the light, blessed be the light of your gaze (x2)
Coming from the soul.

Benditos ojos que me esquivaban,
Simulaban desde que me ignoraban,
Y de repente, sostienes la mirada.


Blessed eyes that shyly avoided me,
Pretending all along that they ignored me,
And suddenly, you sustain(ed) your gaze.

Bendita Dios por encontrarnos en el camino,
Y de quitarme esta soledad de mi destino.
Bendita la luz, bendita la luz de tu mirada (x2).


Blessed God for meeting us on the road,
And for taking away this solitude from my destiny.
Blessed be the light, blessed be the light of your gaze (x2).

Gloria divina, diste suerte de buen tino,
Y de encontrarte justo ahí, en medio del camino,
Gloria al cielo de encontrarte ahora,
Llevarte mi soledad, y coincidir en mi destino,
En el mismo destino.


Glory divine, you gave luck with good aim,
And for finding you just there, in the middle of the road,
Glory to heaven for finding you now,
Taking my solitude to you, and coinciding in my destiny,
In the same destiny.

Bendita la luz, bendita la luz de tu mirada (x2)
Bendita mirada, bendita mirada desde el alma, tu mirada,
Bendita, bendita, bendita mirada,
Bendita tu alma y bendita tu luz.


Blessed be the light, blessed be the light of your gaze (x2)
Blessed gaze, blessed gaze coming from the soul, your gaze,
Blessed, blessed, blessed gaze,
Blessed be your soul and blessed be your light.

Tu mirada, oh, oh, oh,
Digo es tan bendita tu luz, amor, amor,
Bendito el reloj y bendito el lugar,
Benditos tus besos cerquita del mar,
Y tu mirada, amor, amor,
Que bendita tú mirada, tu mirada, amor.


Your gaze, oh, oh, oh,
I say your gaze is so blessed, my love, my love,
Blessed clock and blessed location,
Blessed are your kisses near the sea,
And your gaze, my love, my love,
How blessed your gaze, your gaze, my love.




No comments:

Post a Comment