Saturday, March 3, 2012

Encouraging Words for Artists

As an artist, I struggle daily, almost hourly, with creating work that never meets my expectations. I would create something, and then sigh because I could see all the flaws, or it lacks that specific "punch" I was hoping for. And there are times, when you'll work and work on something and it just never evolves into what you dreamt it could be.

This then leaves artists frustrated. You think, "Am I just not good enough? I must not be meant to do this since I am not good at all." You, yourself, are frustrated with your own work. People can tell you over and over again that it looks great. But every time you look at it, you just see everything that it lacks and everything that you wished it could be.

Here's some encouraging words to my fellow artists, musicians, poets, painters, the like:


Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment