Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Will Wait For You

OK. So I'm single and while I think it is a good thing, sometimes it is hard to be single. I've dated a couple times, but obviously, none of them worked out. And it can be hard as all your friends begin to date, get engaged, and are preparing to walk down the aisle; and here you are, feeling left out and asking, "So when will it happen for me?"

And it's not like I am one of those girls who have been planning their weddings since they were 10. I really don't think about the wedding aspect that much. But I do desire to have a partner to walk life with. I desire to have a husband and hopefully, start a family one day. It's not my main goal in life, but the desire is there.

As I wait, I have to remember to keep my standards high. I'm not talking about "unrealistic standards", I'm talking about the good, solid "do not settle" kind of standards. The ones where I will really love the guy I am with because of our friendship and connection, and not because he meets all the credentials on a certain list or because I'm "running out of time".

So here's an awesome video, that will relate to both single, dating, and married women I believe. We've all been in these spots she describes. So take a listen, and if you're single, do your best to wait. Wait on the Lord and let him love you and give you the best: His very best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment