Thursday, April 26, 2012

Graduation

Exactly two weeks from today, I will be graduating. AH!!

With graduation fast approaching, I also see a slew of changes about to happen. I'm excited and scared all at once. I've slowly been trying to prepare for it, and there are times when it hits me at full force. I have friends who are moving far away, other friends who are getting married, and my whole environment will be changing as I move from the college kids, to the working world full of adults.

It's such a mix of bitter sweet emotions. I'm trying to describe the emotion, but it's hard to pinpoint. You're filled with love for the people that will be leaving you and excited for their new adventures. But at the same time, you're scared because you're not sure what that means for your friendship and how it will change. You, yourself, are excited for the changes and your own new adventures, but yet, you look back and realize that you'll miss everyone you met and the "college life". And when you look forward, you're not totally sure what this next stage of your life really holds.

As for me, I'm not really sure what I'm doing after college. I don't have a job lined up or any plans really. I just know that it will all fall together somehow. No, I don't know the details. But that's OK. I think this is part of the "real world" I will be first experiencing: not having a plan or knowing how things will happen, but living in it anyways.

I have more thoughts on it, but not that much time to write them all out. :) But soon, I will be a college graduate. Can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment