Friday, June 18, 2010

Lack of Focus

I realize, that when I write, I don't really have a focus. I just have a bunch of thoughts in my head that I feel like I need to let out and sort through. And when I do have a focus, I'm either writing a story, or I just have this huge emotion that I just need to let out.

I wonder if this reflects my life at all. I never really have a focus on a single thing. I'm just so fascinated with everything and I get distracted very easily. I jump from thing to thing, activity to activity, thought to thought, and then I look back and go, "Where did I even start?"

(Gosh, that rhymed again. And I didn't even try. Maybe I AM poetic. Psh. Yeah right.)

All of it makes me wonder, is this normal? Should I have a focus? Or is it OK to just wander around?

Maybe after all, I do have a focus. They all have just been short term. I don't have an overall focus, I just have short term focuses.

Yeah... I'll just tell myself that.

Even though.... I'm pretty sure it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment