Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Notes


I've been cleaning out my room and I've come across some notes and letters written to me. New thing about me: I always keep notes and letters people have written to me. Back in high school, my friends and I went through this phase where we constantly wrote notes to each other. Class would get boring, so we'd entertain ourselves with writing notes about whatever and folding them in weird or crazy ways. We'd then deliver them to each other in between classes and read the note in the next class. It was quite fun.

As I've gotten older, notes and letters aren't really used that often, which I think is a shame. But I'm still blessed with people who take time out of their day and have sat down and actually written to me. They're usually so heart warming and touching, and I can't just bare the idea of throwing them away. So I keep them and have a big stash of them; from the small notes in high school, to long lovely letters from friends. And at times when I'm alone, and come across them, I sit down and read them, and feel so loved.

It was especially nice the other day as I came across a few letters. I've been spending a lot of time alone lately and wonder if I'm becoming anti-social and won't have any friends. But when I read these letters, I see that I am so blessed with so many people who care about me. It even brought a few tears to my eyes as I read them and many memories danced in my head. I hope I can see many of these people soon and get to spend more time with them.

Photograph taken by Hannah Morris. ® All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment