Wednesday, November 2, 2011

To My Husband

So I've seen other girls write letters to their "future husbands" before and I never quite understood it. Why write a letter to someone you don't know? Do you really dream about finding your husband that much? But recently, I've wanted to write a letter to my future husband, a man I don't know and may never know. I honestly may be single for the rest of my life and never have a husband. I don't know how things will go. But if I do get married one day, and take on the challenge of marriage, I hope I can love my husband in these ways. I also know that I won't be easy to love at all. Best of luck to my husband there. And while this is a letter to my husband, it's more so goals/things to strive for when I'm a wife. Marriage is going to be hard, and I have to commit to loving someone else, even if it I don't enjoy it at the moment. So here it goes:

Dear honey-bunches of oats,

I hope you have a good sense of humor, otherwise this marriage will be really hard. I didn't say "short" because I don't want to be married for a short while. I want to be married to you for as long as I live on this planet in this human form. I'm not here to get married over and over again, just once. And guess what? You're the lucky man. Yes, I said "lucky". Shut up, don't give me that look.

Anyways, here we go. I don't know your name, but I hope that I can love you well. I'm loving you right now, whoever you are, because I'm waiting for you. You're the only man I want to have sex with, you're the only man who I want to sleep next to, you're the only man who's face I want to see when the sun rises. You're the only man I want to have children with, the only man I want to talk with everyday, and the only man that I want to share a life with together and pursue God together. I want to pray with you, talk with you, laugh with you, and cry with you. I want to hold your hand and give you great big hugs. I want to read the Bible with you. I want to pray for you, as I'm praying right now for you and our kids. I want to go to church with you and be able to hold your hand as we worship God together.

I'm not that great of a cook, but I'll try. If you can cook, great. If not, well.... give me a little while longer as I begin to perfect my techniques. I hope I can cook you meals that you'll enjoy.

I really love dogs, so please don't be allergic. If you are, I'll deal going dogless. But you then have to watch all sad dog movies with me and put up with me as I rattle on about doggies.

Husband, you're going to get old, fat, and maybe even go bald. I will do my best to still love you to the best of my abilities despite all that. I'll call you handsome and say you're the best looking man to me. Can I also rub your bald head for good luck?

Husband, you're going to forget my birthday or an anniversary, and I'll do my best to forgive you. You'll forget to call or a promise you made, but I'll do my best to look past it and still love you.

Husband, there are going to be times where you lose your temper and I'll do my best to be patient with you and try to not take it personally. I will still love you.

Husband, we are definitely going to disagree on many things. We're probably going to fight or argue, but despite all that, I will still love you.

Husband, no matter what you do, I will do my best to support you. From being a garbage man to a politician, from a janitor to a rock star, from a hobo to a doctor, no matter what, I will love you.
(But I'll also do my best to call you out when you're being lazy and need to go do something too.)

Husband, you're going to get sick and may be cranky, but I will do my best to still love you and try and take care of you too.

Husband, there are times where you may have to go far away for work or other reasons, but no matter how far apart, I will still love you.

Husband, you might one day cheat on me, and while that will hurt a whole lot and I will be very angry and upset, I will do my best to still love you.

Husband, you're going to say and do stupid things. I will still love you. (I may laugh at you too. Just a warning)

Husband, I will do my best to love you, and I will do my best to love God even more than you.

And hunny, I will need God's help in our marriage. I can only love you so much. But I know with God, that His love will pour into me and hopefully will also reach you. In the many moments where I'll fail as a wife, I pray that God will step in and help my heart to love you even more, just like God loves the both of us. Love you even now.

Your wife,
Hannah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pft. It's weird saying "wife". I don't think I'm ready to say that for a long while.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the man that loves you, will never want to ever cheat on you. You would be way too valuable to him for him to have to do that

    ReplyDelete